Khaitan Legal Associates: A Start-Up Solutions Provider
Khaitan Legal Associates is a full-service law firm, with its partners having advisory and dispute resolution experience spanning over 2-3 decades. It boasts of a dynamic and wide-ranging practice with a demonstrable capacity to serve clients across the start-up ecosystem, from early-stage entrepreneurs, funds, angel investors, and Venture Capitals to private equity firms.
KLA’s key differentiation lies in the diversified specialization of its dedicated team. This allows us to support our clients’ needs across sectors and domain expertise including niche areas such as deep tech, insurance, and data protection, among others.
Thought Leadership and Social Impact
KLA believes that an open environment for entrepreneurship is best bolstered by class-leading thought leadership. To this end, we regularly engage with industry bodies, governmental entities, and the start-up community at large. Some of our key engagements include:
- Our partners and consultants serve as mentors for Invest India – a non-profit venture of the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- Our partner, Ms. Shruti Dvivedi Sodhi, is a member of the Start-up Committee at the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI). KLA regularly engages with FICCI-led advocacy events and publications.
- Shruti Dvivedi Sodhi also serves as the Impact Champion for the Wadhwani Foundation, a not-for-profit platform geared towards the acceleration of entrepreneurship through networking and mentorship.
- Engaging with start-ups through the Kerala Start-Up Mission and the Gujarat Student Start-up and Innovation Hub (i-Hub). Providing advice on common legal challenges faced by start-ups through state cohorts in Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh, and Haryana, among others.
- Advising the Social Entrepreneurs Foundation of India (also known as UnLtd India) on several aspects of their work in providing support and mentorship to start-ups geared towards social impact.
- Conducted various workshops for the Data Security Council of India on corporate governance, employee stock option plans, and fundraising.